Draft Excom Minutes
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Peter Fox, President
- Emily Law, Vice President
- Justin Goldstein, Chair, Data Stewardship
- Denise Hills, Nomination Committee
- Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B
- Tyler Stevens, Chair, Partnership
- Ted Habermann, Type III
- Bill Teng, Chair, Ficom
- Christine White, Chair, Products and Services
- Erin Robinson, Staff
- Annie Burgess, Staff
Executive Committee Business
- Approval of April Minutes
- Denise motioned to approve Minutes as amended and Emily seconded. The minutes were approved by acclamation.
- President's Report
- Executive Director Report
- Summer Meeting 2015
approve the theme and Bill seconded the motion. The meeting theme was approved by acclamation. Action - List all themes;
- Strategic Plan Update
- Workspace & Roadmap - Emily echoed Peter's thanks for the rest of the groups that have supported the development of ESIP's strategic plan. With Chris Lenhardt and Denise Hills, & staff, the next steps will be to create a doc with all of the supporting material and an executive summary that will be used as the baseline to review accomplishments against.
- Committee Reports
- Data Stewardship - Justin reported that Data Stewardship met last month and primarily focused on the Data Management Maturity Matrix and the Data Management Training course. Next month they will have two presentations: #* Ficom - Bill reported that the committee is working on a document to streamline the budget submission process and the timeline for reviews.
- Partnership - Tyler reported on the committee's first telecon. They reviewed five membership applications that have been submitted so far. They are also working on the code of conduct and a process for removing inactive members. Both docs will be shared with ExCom next month.
- C&B - Ken has tracked down all changes and minutes to update the bylaws. He will put the latest version in a permanent version controlled place (Commons or GitHub?) and move forward creating a process for maintaining this long-term. In addition the C&B is working on several bylaw changes.
- Education - Erin reported for LuAnn that the committee was in the process of resubmitting a budget. They doodled for a new call time and the committee is beginning to plan for the ESIP Summer Meeting Teacher Workshop.
- IT&I - Erin reported for Ethan that this month IT&I hosted a rant/rave with Ray Plante from NDS Labs. Ethan is looking for additional Rant/Rave topics.
- Nominations - Denise reminded the group it isn't too early to think about nominations for next year's leaders or ESIP awards.
- P&S - Christine reported that on the April P&S call, they will host a Testbed Status Report from currently funded projects. She also reminded the group that the Testbed Configuration Board was going to come together in Boulder to think about how the ESIP testbed might evolve.
- Type Rep Reports
- Type III - Ted reported that following up on the email list refresh, he had emailed the Type III's to start a conversation about what the group might do. He suggested considering the Types a different kind of cluster.
- Other Business