Draft Excom Minutes
Participants: Peter Fox, Sara Graves, Bruce Caron, Tyler Stevens, Ken Keiser, Margaret Mooney, Christine White, Ruth Duerr, Matt Austin, Emily Law, Carol Meyer, Erin Robinson
- Approval of February Minutes
Roberta Johnson motioned to accept the minutes as presented and Emily Law seconded the motion. The minutes were approved by acclamation.
- Force11 Data Citation Principles
- Ruth Duerr presented to the group on the finalized Force 11 Data Citation Principles. Force 11 is now looking for groups to sign on and endorse these principles. The principles are at a very high level. Ruth worked with the committee that drafted these principles and there isn't anything that doesn't align with our own Data Citation Guidelines. Ruth suggested that ESIP endorse the Force 11 principles. The group felt it would be beneficial if the Force 11 Data Citation Principles linked back to the ESIP Data Citation Guidelines if ESIP endorses. The next steps are to share the Force 11 principles with the ESIP Assembly and then vote on endorsement.
- President's Report
- Federation Strategic Plan update - working with Erin and Carol, we are kicking off development of a new strategic plan. Emily Law will be taking the lead.
- Peter reported that he's asked Bruce Caron, C&B Chair, to lead a task force for developing a nomination committee
- Peter has asked for Bill Teng, Ficom chair, to take the lead reviewing the eligibility of different types of ESIP groups to request funding.
- The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and Committee on Environmental Quality are having a Climate Data Initiative briefing. Peter is unable to attend, but ESIP will be represented by Brian Wee. Stefan Falke will represent the Foundation for Earth Science. Peter will report on outcomes at the next meeting.
- Staff Report
- Committee Reports
- Other Business
The meeting adjourned at 2:09.