Difference between revisions of "Draft Excom Minutes"

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Line 3: Line 3:
 
=== Attendees===  
 
=== Attendees===  
 
* Peter Fox, President  
 
* Peter Fox, President  
* Emily Law, Vice President
+
* Sophie Hou, Student Fellow, Data Stewardship
* Justin Goldstein, Chair, Data Stewardship
 
 
* Denise Hills, Nomination Committee
 
* Denise Hills, Nomination Committee
 
* Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B  
 
* Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B  
 
* Tyler Stevens, Chair, Partnership
 
* Tyler Stevens, Chair, Partnership
* Ted Habermann, Type III
+
* Ethan Davis, Chair, IT&I
* Bill Teng, Chair, Ficom
 
 
* Christine White, Chair, Products and Services  
 
* Christine White, Chair, Products and Services  
 
* Erin Robinson, Staff
 
* Erin Robinson, Staff
 
* Annie Burgess, Staff
 
* Annie Burgess, Staff
 +
* Chris Lenhardt, Guest
  
 
=== Executive Committee Business ===  
 
=== Executive Committee Business ===  
  
 
# Approval of [[Draft Excom Minutes|May Minutes]]  
 
# Approval of [[Draft Excom Minutes|May Minutes]]  
#: Christine motioned to approve Minutes as amended and Denise seconded. The minutes were approved by acclamation.   
+
#: Denise motioned to approve Minutes as amended and Christine seconded. The minutes were approved by acclamation.   
 
# President's Report
 
# President's Report
# Executive Director Report
+
#* State of the Federation - Annie is on board and will be reaching out for input to State of Federation
 +
#* Summer Meeting - Please register for the Summer Meeting by June 15
 +
#* Nominations Season - Start thinking of nominations and please let Denise know. We are looking for multiple award nominations and leadership positions.
 +
#* Budget cycles for Federation and Foundation - Hoping to have something more definitive.
 +
# Executive Director Report (Soon to be staff report)
 +
#* FES Budget - Currently, spinning up the FES finance committee; There will be progress after the July meeting.
 +
#* Community Director Report - Alaska Satellite Member Highlight went out this month. AB is also adding an ESIP Interview as a new content feature; Starting a new event at the Summer Meeting, Collaboration Area Showcase - where we will highlight ESIP Collaboration Area work 
 
# Summer Meeting 2015  
 
# Summer Meeting 2015  
#* [http://commons.esipfed.org/2015SummerMeeting Agenda, Accomodations & Registration (Member/excom)]  
+
#* [http://commons.esipfed.org/2015SummerMeeting Agenda, Accommodations & Registration (Member/excom)]  
 +
#* Logistics/Accommodations - Room block will close on June 15;
 +
#* Agenda Update - Finalized all breakout locations;
 +
#* Special Events - Community Resilience Workshop (1/2 day on Wednesday); Education Workshop (Call for CA Teachers)
 
# Strategic Plan Update
 
# Strategic Plan Update
#* [[2015-2020_Strategic_Plan_Workspace | Workspace & Roadmap]]
+
#* [[2015-2020_Strategic_Plan_Workspace | Workspace & Roadmap]] - Denise Hills and Chris Lenhardt shared update of strategic plan. Share at the Summer Meeting - Introduce in the State of the Federation; Final feedback for comments starting. Annie will migrate documents to the online space.
 
# Committee Reports  
 
# Committee Reports  
#* Ficom - The group is going through process improvement. A new special projects proposal is in review and being returned for modifications.  
+
#* Partnership - The new members are up for review. Please review/comment on the draft Code of Conduct
#* Partnership - (1) 7 new member applications have been reviewed for 30 days of notice. (2) Group is working on proposed criteria for inactive members.
+
#* C&B - Ken pulled together all electronic votes. Moving forward those votes need to be reported out at the annual assembly meeting; There is a request from the Semantic Web cluster to be added as a committee. Is the vote electronic or wait?
#* C&B - Ken pulled together all C&B list of changes over the last few years. Ken will call a C&B committee for this month.  
+
#** The group discussed the semantic technology application to become a new committee. There was a concern that committees might be too easy to form. It has not happened very often; It allows the group to be more visible and accountable to the larger community. ExCom will need to approve the application and then the Assembly will follow-up. Ken will vet the application through C&B. Ken will draft email to ExCom with current state to consider. 
#* Data Stewardship - Several presentations: updates on trusted repositories and AMS Data Policies. Data Stewardship SF, Sophie Hou posted a blog post and she is hosting a special telecon on her research. Group is reviewing activity list.
+
#* Data Stewardship - Sophie Hou reported that the committee is exploring additional funding opportunities and opportunities for publication; Looking for new projects for the second half of the year. There are several sessions at the Summer Meeting; Recently accepted publication on the Data Management Short Course. We are looking for ESIP participants for GEO Data Management Principles work group.
#* Education - Education picked up monthly telecons - 1pm ET, 4th Friday of the Month; Looking for presenters for the ESIP Summer Teacher Workshop. Looking for CA teachers.  
+
#* Education - No report
#* IT&I - Moved telecon time to the 2nd Thurs. We are having the NDS Labs for June IT&I.  
+
#* IT&I - Rants & Raves coming up; This Thurs - NDS will present; August - Rich Signell, USGS; In addition to rants/raves, the group is considering updating the interoperapedia and data recipes.  
#* Nominations -  No report.  
+
#* Nominations -  Please reach out to Denise on nomination ideas. If you are a current chair willing to run again, please let Denise know.  
#* P&S - Testbed Configuration Board met in person at the end of April. The group is working on two solicitations for incubator projects and prototype assessments. Incubation RFP will come out mid May and responses are due June 15.  
+
#* P&S - (1) Two new RFP's out. In the first RFP, there is a new special *fast track* RFP. The second RFP is a prototype assessment on AIST prototypes. (2) FUNding Friday - Will we have a happy hour to network for FUNding Friday evening? Move it to after dinner, 7-8:30 hang out.  
 
# Type Rep Reports
 
# Type Rep Reports
#* Type I - Looking into working with the CDF to not reinvent the wheel.
+
#* No Type Rep reports
#* Type II - No report
 
#* Type III - Encouraging the type III to think link a cluster. 
 
 
# Other Business
 
# Other Business
 +
#* No July Meeting

Revision as of 15:46, August 10, 2015

Attendees

  • Peter Fox, President
  • Sophie Hou, Student Fellow, Data Stewardship
  • Denise Hills, Nomination Committee
  • Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B
  • Tyler Stevens, Chair, Partnership
  • Ethan Davis, Chair, IT&I
  • Christine White, Chair, Products and Services
  • Erin Robinson, Staff
  • Annie Burgess, Staff
  • Chris Lenhardt, Guest

Executive Committee Business

  1. Approval of May Minutes
    Denise motioned to approve Minutes as amended and Christine seconded. The minutes were approved by acclamation.
  2. President's Report
    • State of the Federation - Annie is on board and will be reaching out for input to State of Federation
    • Summer Meeting - Please register for the Summer Meeting by June 15
    • Nominations Season - Start thinking of nominations and please let Denise know. We are looking for multiple award nominations and leadership positions.
    • Budget cycles for Federation and Foundation - Hoping to have something more definitive.
  3. Executive Director Report (Soon to be staff report)
    • FES Budget - Currently, spinning up the FES finance committee; There will be progress after the July meeting.
    • Community Director Report - Alaska Satellite Member Highlight went out this month. AB is also adding an ESIP Interview as a new content feature; Starting a new event at the Summer Meeting, Collaboration Area Showcase - where we will highlight ESIP Collaboration Area work
  4. Summer Meeting 2015
    • Agenda, Accommodations & Registration (Member/excom)
    • Logistics/Accommodations - Room block will close on June 15;
    • Agenda Update - Finalized all breakout locations;
    • Special Events - Community Resilience Workshop (1/2 day on Wednesday); Education Workshop (Call for CA Teachers)
  5. Strategic Plan Update
    • Workspace & Roadmap - Denise Hills and Chris Lenhardt shared update of strategic plan. Share at the Summer Meeting - Introduce in the State of the Federation; Final feedback for comments starting. Annie will migrate documents to the online space.
  6. Committee Reports
    • Partnership - The new members are up for review. Please review/comment on the draft Code of Conduct
    • C&B - Ken pulled together all electronic votes. Moving forward those votes need to be reported out at the annual assembly meeting; There is a request from the Semantic Web cluster to be added as a committee. Is the vote electronic or wait?
      • The group discussed the semantic technology application to become a new committee. There was a concern that committees might be too easy to form. It has not happened very often; It allows the group to be more visible and accountable to the larger community. ExCom will need to approve the application and then the Assembly will follow-up. Ken will vet the application through C&B. Ken will draft email to ExCom with current state to consider.
    • Data Stewardship - Sophie Hou reported that the committee is exploring additional funding opportunities and opportunities for publication; Looking for new projects for the second half of the year. There are several sessions at the Summer Meeting; Recently accepted publication on the Data Management Short Course. We are looking for ESIP participants for GEO Data Management Principles work group.
    • Education - No report
    • IT&I - Rants & Raves coming up; This Thurs - NDS will present; August - Rich Signell, USGS; In addition to rants/raves, the group is considering updating the interoperapedia and data recipes.
    • Nominations - Please reach out to Denise on nomination ideas. If you are a current chair willing to run again, please let Denise know.
    • P&S - (1) Two new RFP's out. In the first RFP, there is a new special *fast track* RFP. The second RFP is a prototype assessment on AIST prototypes. (2) FUNding Friday - Will we have a happy hour to network for FUNding Friday evening? Move it to after dinner, 7-8:30 hang out.
  7. Type Rep Reports
    • No Type Rep reports
  8. Other Business
    • No July Meeting