- 2017-11-03: Disovery Cluster Plenary Planning for Winter 2018
- 2017-01-02: Search Relevancy Mission Statement
- Finding earth science data has been a challenging problem given both the quantity of data available and the heterogeneity of the data across a wide variety of domains. The ESIP Discovery Cluster plans to explore this topic in greater detail this year, by evaluating and documenting a variety of different approaches to improving search relevancy for earth science data. It is expected that lessons learned may come from hands-on implementations of different data discovery efforts such as NOAA’s OneStop project, NASA’s Common Metadata Repository (CMR), EarthData Search, ESRI’s Geoportal, as well as other community driven solutions.
- Discovery Cluster 2017 Minutes
- Discovery Cluster Archive Posts