From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Description: Giovanni is a tool for data exploration, visualization and analysis. Community-based Giovanni is an evolution of Giovanni to enable members of the community to make their own data available through their own portal in Giovanni.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Makes use of ESIP Federated Search at the granule-level to catalog available data.
- Maturity: Prototype in development.
- Description: Mirador is a search tool for Earth science remote sensing and related data. Originally designed to work only on the dataset at the GES DISC, it is being modified to search other data centers when the user requests.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Makes use of ESIP Federated Search, both dataset- and granule-level, from WS-NEWS, GHRC and ECHO.
- Maturity: In testing, probably operational in Spring of 2011.
Simple Subset Wizard
- Description: The Simple Subset Wizard is a simplified, uniform interface for requesting Earth science data subsets from EOSDIS data centers.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Uses granule-level step of ESIP Federated Search from ECHO.
- Maturity: In final phase of implementation, likely operational in February 2011.
Event-Driven Data Delivery
- Description: DataMan DatMan (controlled access) provides the mechanism to define a data description that listens for the occurrence of specific monitored events (e.g. storms, earthquakes, etc) and automatically orders data per user specifications.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: The ordering subsystem currently utilized ECHO's OpenSearch API to retrieve the specified data granules.
- Maturity: Prototype, still in development.
GHRC Satellite Coincident Search
- Description: The tool allows users to specify data orders relative to the spatial/temporal coverage coincidence of multiple satellites. For example, order datasets X and Y when the corresponding satellite platforms are looking at the same space at the same time (or within some threshold).
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Utilizes ECHO OpenSearch API to retrieve links to dataset granules satisfying the request.
- Maturity: In testing.
DEMAND project KML viewer
- Description: The DEMAND KML Viewer utilizes an aggregation of data casts to populate the layer list. Specified data providers are able to subscribe their data casts to the aggregation tool, resulting in their data being added to the viewer's list of layers.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: The aggregation supports data casts that link to KML descriptions of data granule images.
- Maturity: In testing and limited production access.
InfoCasting Authoring Tool
- Description: The InfoCasting authoring tool assists service/info producers in the generation and management of corresponding cast definitions.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Generates compliant casts for services (and eventually data, info, etc).
- Compliance: The corresponding project is defining the service and info cast schema(s)
- Maturity: In development and testing.
Add yours too. Follow the template here: Casting service (Institution name)
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services:
- More info: