From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Description: Giovanni is a tool for data exploration, visualization and analysis. Community-based Giovanni is an evolution of Giovanni to enable members of the community to make their own data available through their own portal in Giovanni.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Makes use of ESIP Federated Search at the granule-level to catalog available data.
- Maturity: Prototype in development.
- Description: Mirador is a search tool for Earth science remote sensing and related data. Originally designed to work only on the dataset at the GES DISC, it is being modified to search other data centers when the user requests.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Makes use of ESIP Federated Search, both dataset- and granule-level, from WS-NEWS, GHRC and ECHO.
- Maturity: In testing, probably operational in Spring of 2011.
Simple Subset Wizard
- Description: The Simple Subset Wizard is a simplified, uniform interface for requesting Earth science data subsets from EOSDIS data centers.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Uses granule-level step of ESIP Federated Search from ECHO.
- Maturity: In final phase of implementation, likely operational in February 2011.
Event-Driven Data Delivery (University of Alabama in Huntsville)
- Description: DatMan (controlled access) provides the mechanism to define a data description that listens for the occurrence of specific monitored events (e.g. storms, earthquakes, etc) and automatically orders data per user specifications.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: The ordering subsystem currently utilized ECHO's OpenSearch API to retrieve the specified data granules.
- Maturity: Prototype, still in (active) development - site may not be always accessible.
Satellite Coincidence Search Subscription Server (SCS³) (University of Alabama in Huntsville)
- Description: The SCS³ tool allows users to define data orders relative to the spatial/temporal coverage coincidence of multiple satellites. For example, order datasets X and Y when the corresponding satellite platforms are looking at the same space at the same time (or within some threshold).
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Utilizes ECHO OpenSearch API to retrieve links to dataset granules satisfying the request.
- Maturity: In testing.
DEMAND project KML viewer (University of Alabama in Huntsville)
- Description: The DEMAND KML Viewer utilizes an aggregation of data casts to populate the layer list. Specified data providers are able to subscribe their data casts to the aggregation tool, resulting in their data being added to the viewer's list of layers.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: The aggregation supports data casts that link to KML descriptions of data granule images.
- Maturity: In testing and limited production access.
InfoCasting Authoring Tool (University of Alabama in Huntsville and JPL)
- Description: The InfoCasting authoring tool assists service/info producers in the generation and management of corresponding cast definitions.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Generates compliant casts for services (and eventually data, info, etc).
- Compliance: The corresponding project is defining the service and info cast schema(s)
- Maturity: In development and testing.
DEMAND Project Mobile Visualization App (University of Alabama in Huntsville)
- Description: As part of the DEMAND project, UAH is developing a mobile app (iOS for now) that uses an aggregated data cast feed for the visualization of the listed data granules through links to KML definitions. This is just one example use of the aggregated feed that is available for use in multiple applications.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: Data casting
- Compliance: Using current JPL Data Casting spec
- Maturity: Prototype and testing
Data::Downloader and dado (NASA/GSFC and Adnet Systems)
- Description: The Data::Downloader perl library and dado command line client support subscribing to Discovery Service feeds and maintaining local data repositories.
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services: The client has been used with Mirador, MODAPS, OMI services, as well as multimedia RSS feeds such as flickr and smugmug.
- Compliance: dado supports any RSS and Atom feed that has valid XML; the configuration uses XPaths to determine which metadata to preserve and how to download files.
- Maturity: It has been used operationally within the Atmospheric Composition Processing System since August, 2009.
- More info: Presentation at ESIP 2010
Add yours too. Follow the template here: Casting service (Institution name)
- Use of ESIP Discovery Services:
- More info: