Carol Meyer Trading Card
Like we have done for past ESIP president's, we've created a trading card for Carol. Please 'sign the card' by editing the wiki page below. *
* Thank you to Kevin Ward, NASA Earth Observatory, for supplying the background patchwork image, see the digital, interactive version here.
Carol has been with the Foundation Foundation for Earth Science, the secretariat for ESIP, since 2003 and served as the Foundation's Executive Director since 2008. During this time she's championed the ESIP Federation, supported the growth of the ESIP membership to over 150 organizations and has helped raise the visibility and importance of Earth science data and informatics. One of her sayings is 'Let ESIP be ESIP' - this phrase captures the essence of ESIP's community-led nature and because of that flexibility and openness. ESIP has thrived under her watch.
Carol learned to drive in NYC and NJ and is an expert NYC driver. It is ESIP legend thatWhen the ESIP meeting was at Lamont, Carol drove part of a group fearlessly through NYC to a Yankees' game and drove home in pouring rain. Erin has also been in the car for at least a few u-turns because of their collective challenge navigating.
In her free time for several summers, Carol played rec volleyball. Those skills came in handy at the Santa Barbara ESIP meeting.
(Credit: Bruce Caron, more pics from this meeting)
Thanks to Carol
- Carol, you have been a terrific boss and mentor. You've given me the room and support to grow and for that I'm grateful. I wish you all the best in this new role and am excited to see what comes next! - Erin Robinson
- Thanks for everything you have achieved for ESIP. I am sure that you will spread success wherever you go and whatever you do. You will be missed. All the best with your new endeavor. - Emily Law
- Carol, you made a difference, best wishes for your new endeavors. - Phil Yang
- For more than a decade, Carol poured her enormous talent and energy into making ESIP what it has become. She welcomed new presidents and helped them shine. She made great meetings look easy. She is that person you’d always want to have on your team. We all wish her the best. She leaves ESIP a vibrant organization ready to move ahead with its mission. - Bruce Caron
- Carol, thanks so much for helping build the federation. Wish you the best of everything with your future endeavors. - Ken Keiser
- Carol, you have many wonderful gifts. One is the ability to motivate others to use their own gifts and find their place in the ESIP organization. Your unpretentious and engaging leadership encouraged us; you helped us find connections with each other and with important issues. You are a great friend and role model! - Christine White
- Carol ! Thanks for all the great leadership and dedication to ESIP. All the best! - Ed Armstrong