Air Quality Work Group
The ESIP Air Quality Cluster has a number of projects on this wiki. Some are active projects being developed in this space, some are archived here for documentation.
Your participation is welcome!
- bring people and ideas together on how to network earth science data/service providers with air quality researchers and managers
- facilitate technologies and IT architecture for improving the flow of earth science data to air quality management and the broad range of information users
- create a user-driven space for describing, documenting, and providing feedback about the many datasets and tools for adding values to data
- provide a forum for individual projects interested in using and/or sharing services
This effort promotes creation of GEOSS, the Global Earth Observations System of Systems, by which the broad spectrum of users of Earth Observations data will have access to interoperable tools to access, process, and visualize data.
This wiki offers a forum for discussions and activities within the Cluster, and a space for developing wiki-documentation of the emerging AQ system of systems. (How to edit the wiki)
Current Activities of the AQ Cluster
The ESIP Air Quality Cluster has participated in the development of a GEOSS Architecture Implementation Pilot Air Quality Scenario. This Scenario will be discussed and used at a side meeting before the upcoming GEO User Interface Committee meeting in Toronto:
on 5 May 2008. Your help in developing and improving the scenario is welcome!
- The purpose of this activity is to conduct illustrative air quality event analyses in accordance with EPA's Exceptional Events Rule. The community is invited to contribute data, tools or analyses on fires, dust storms and other unusual events.
Discussions and Events
Email List: ESIP-AQcluster
Telecons: Fridays 1:30PM Eastern; Phone: 866-489-0573; Meeting Code: *2279431*
- ESIP Winter Meeting Jan 9-10
- A&WMA Aerosol and Atmospheric Optics: Visual Air Quality and Radiation Apr 28 - May 2
- Session on Web Information Systems for Aerosol Analysis
Technology and IT Architecture
Service Oriented Architecture
Dataspace: Documentation of AQ Datasets and Tools
Building blocks of the system of systems include:
- Earth Observations (EO) datasets
- Tools for working with EO data which add value in one or more ways, such as:
- manipulation of the data (subset, regrid, etc.)
- visualization of the data
- exporting the data
Other Interactions and Activities
- Technology-Application Use Cases
- CENR Monitoring Strategy
- US GEO - ESIP Coordination
- Proposal Opportunities- Area for collaborative proposal writing by ESIP AQ community
- Articles & Reports
- Communities, Organizations, Programs & Projects
- Facebook Instructions