Air Quality Community Summer 2009 Meeting
|Main ESIP page >> Main AQ WG page|
The Air Quality data landscape is evolving: a number of efforts are underway to improve access to data, make better use of that data for decision support, and build an interoperable system-of-systems to achieve as much as we can with the data we've invested in.
At the ESIP Summer 2009 Meeting we'll convene to
- Review important developments, including
- Review Developing Strategies. EPA would like feedback on OAQPS's evolving Data Systems Strategy, from the larger ESIP community (not just air quality)
- Think about where to go next
- Are we making progress on the goals from the 2008 Data Summit?
- What's the next step for the GEO Architecture? Has AQ participation in the AIP been useful? What are the priorities for the next round?
- How do we build community? Feedback sought for the funding and policy crowd
- US agencies are on the hook to show AQ results from GEOSS at the November Washington DC GEO Plenary. We intend to use this as a hook to engage overseas colleagues too. Brainstorm on how to do this.
Let's plan for three sessions:
1. Review of Developments including
- AIP-2 Air Quality
- AIRNow software development
- VIEWS links with EPA databases
- OAQPS systems review
- add your ideas...
2. Review of Stategies
- OAQPS needs feedback from the broader community on their developing Data Systems Strategy
- other topics which would benefit from feedback from the wider ESIP community?
3. Next Steps
- Next Steps for ESIP-AQ
- Next Steps for OAQPS