Air Quality Break-out, ESIP 2010 Summer Meeting
The Air Quality Workgroup will be meeting on Wednesday and Thursday during the ESIP Summer Meeting.
Phone: 866-489-0573 (US, Canada, VOIP); 205-354-0149 (international) Meeting Code: *2279431*
Meeting Number: 731 616 340
If you have a webcam please turn it on during the discussions with the full group, so that every one can see you.
To join the online meeting (Now from iPhones too!)
- . Go to https://freetrial.webex.com/freetrial/j.php?ED=136015207&UID=933437522&RT=MiM3
- . Enter your name and email address.
- . Click "Join Now".
July 21, Wednesday
Welcome, Introduction and Overview (5-minutes)
New Projects (20-minutes)
- CyAir - Cyberinfrastructure for Air Quality Management
Funded Networking Projects Updates (5-min each)
- CEOS AC Portal
- HTAP Network
- others (please add to this list)
GEO-ESIP Community Activities (5 min each)
GEO AQ Community of Practice
- GEO AQ CoP Collaborative Website
- GEO AQ CoP at HTAP, 2010-06-15, Brussels
- GEO AQ CoP at UIC Mtg, 2010-02-15, London
AQ GEOSS Community Infrastructure
- ISO metadata for finding data
- GEOSS Architecture Implementation Pilot AIP-3
- what is the state of the network connection Connectivity Matrix (maybe this should be renamed to the AQ Network Matrix?)
- Highlight nodes that are red that are high priority and aren't connected (outcome - critical systems need to be networked)
(scheduled break from 2:45-3:15 Eastern)
Discussion Focus Areas (20min each)
- Institutional and human factors challenges and opportunities in interoperability
- Interoperability successes among projects and use/planned use of GEOSS AQ Community Infrastructure
- Lessons learned and guidance that can be formulated for others to use in their implementations
- Challenges and new approaches to implementing interoperability
- Define next steps for interoperability testing among projects
- update interoperability matrix
- Virtual AQ Interoperability Standards Implementation Workshops: making them work for you
- CyAir Reflections: Given discussion above: What does this mean for CyAir?
July 22, Thursday
- Outline next Interoperability Standards Implementation 'Virtual Workshops'
- Define goals, scope and logistics for face-to-face/virtual AQ Interoperability Standards Implementation Workshop
- Listing of current connected datasets (with monitoring of service performance)
- Example of health performance on AQ uFIND - shows status of server (how many layers returned) and status of indiv. layer
- Plans for GEO-VI Plenary Air Quality 'Showcase'
Ideas and Suggestions for Summer Meeting
- Entire should be virtual - expect that more than half of participants might be remote.
- Potential collaboration with the Tech workshops from Tuesday
- Describe HTAP Network, ACP, other AQ projects by the way that they leverage AQ Community Infrastructure
- identifying and begin registering the emerging air quality data-as-services from the various projects e.g. (HTAP network; Atmp Comp Network, CyAir)
- using the ISO metadata for cataloging, discovery and finding the shared data resources
- agree on a few practical use cases for demonstrating interoperability and networking
We could also begin work on the
- convention for metadata for understanding the observations (surface, satellite, model, emission...)
- distributing the shared tools and methods (server, client, registration...)
A particular topic that would help GEOSS is a participatory discussion/feedback on the User Requirements Registry for air quality. A possible way to approach this is to ask the project representatives to identify their respective user requirements. I can provide more later..