Difference between revisions of "AQ Work Group Telecons"

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Line 8: Line 8:
 
The ESIP AQ Work Group is currently meeting every other week.  These calls alternate with the [https://sites.google.com/site/geosspilot2/air-quality-and-health-working-group GEO Architecture Implementation Pilot AQ Working Group's] telecons; you can find their telecons [https://sites.google.com/site/geosspilot2/air-quality-and-health-working-group/aq-wg-telecons here].
 
The ESIP AQ Work Group is currently meeting every other week.  These calls alternate with the [https://sites.google.com/site/geosspilot2/air-quality-and-health-working-group GEO Architecture Implementation Pilot AQ Working Group's] telecons; you can find their telecons [https://sites.google.com/site/geosspilot2/air-quality-and-health-working-group/aq-wg-telecons here].
  
== July 24, 2009 Telecon ==
+
== August 7, 2009 Telecon ==
 
1:30pm EDT <br>   
 
1:30pm EDT <br>   
 
Phone: 866-489-0573;<br>
 
Phone: 866-489-0573;<br>
Line 15: Line 15:
 
'''Topics''' (feel free to add an item to the agenda):
 
'''Topics''' (feel free to add an item to the agenda):
 
* Proposed next step:  Writing up a AQ Community Near Term Opportunity document, as discussed in Santa Barbara.  A few years back EPA (Scheffe) and NOAA (Steve Fine?) produced an [http://www.usgeo.gov/docs/nto/Air_Quality_NTO_2006-0925.pdf NTO for USGEO].  We could update this document or write something new.  Such a document, for ourselves, would be useful for explaining to others the purpose of this community, and so that we can see if we are making progress.   
 
* Proposed next step:  Writing up a AQ Community Near Term Opportunity document, as discussed in Santa Barbara.  A few years back EPA (Scheffe) and NOAA (Steve Fine?) produced an [http://www.usgeo.gov/docs/nto/Air_Quality_NTO_2006-0925.pdf NTO for USGEO].  We could update this document or write something new.  Such a document, for ourselves, would be useful for explaining to others the purpose of this community, and so that we can see if we are making progress.   
  Could we write a draft of an NTO early this fall so we could present it in November to work on with a fuller version of an AQ Community of Practice?   
+
** Could we write a draft of an NTO early this fall so we could present it in November to work on with a fuller version of an AQ Community of Practice?   
  
 
* Follow-up from [[Air_Quality_Community_Summer_2009_Meeting| ESIP Summer meeting AQ sessions]].  
 
* Follow-up from [[Air_Quality_Community_Summer_2009_Meeting| ESIP Summer meeting AQ sessions]].  
Line 32: Line 32:
  
 
==Previous Calls==
 
==Previous Calls==
 +
* [[AQCluster_Telecons_24July09|July 24, 2009]]
 
* [[AQCluster_Telecons_26June09|June 26, 2009]]
 
* [[AQCluster_Telecons_26June09|June 26, 2009]]
 
* [[AQCluster_Telecons_12Jun09|June 12, 2009]]
 
* [[AQCluster_Telecons_12Jun09|June 12, 2009]]

Revision as of 16:57, August 6, 2009

Main ESIP page >> Main AQ Work Group page Previous calls


Note

The ESIP AQ Work Group is currently meeting every other week. These calls alternate with the GEO Architecture Implementation Pilot AQ Working Group's telecons; you can find their telecons here.

August 7, 2009 Telecon

1:30pm EDT
Phone: 866-489-0573;
Meeting Code: *2279431*

Topics (feel free to add an item to the agenda):

  • Proposed next step: Writing up a AQ Community Near Term Opportunity document, as discussed in Santa Barbara. A few years back EPA (Scheffe) and NOAA (Steve Fine?) produced an NTO for USGEO. We could update this document or write something new. Such a document, for ourselves, would be useful for explaining to others the purpose of this community, and so that we can see if we are making progress.
    • Could we write a draft of an NTO early this fall so we could present it in November to work on with a fuller version of an AQ Community of Practice?
  • Follow-up from ESIP Summer meeting AQ sessions.
    • Add your notes or comments from the meeting
    • First draft Candidate Focus Areas that we identified during the workshop are posted. We need to get these in better shape.
    • Participation in NASA Air Quality Team Meeting (October?)
    • Tackling pieces of the NOx Use Case?
    • Defining implementation conventions for interoperability standards for air quality
    • Ways for us to help connect EPA and NASA efforts (in other words, can we define next steps that simultaneously address EPA and NASA interests?)
  • Need to profile AQ related projects, programs and efforts (laying out the AQ community landscape)
    • Following the initial effort for the EPA Data Summit
    • Will help us define next steps (aka 'low hanging fruit') in advancing the AQ community infrastructure

Participants:

Previous Calls