Software Cluster Telecon 05.14.2014
Most of today's telecon will be spent reviewing proposed sessions for the summer meeting, "Linking It Together: Sustainable Software Advancing Science Data and Services" The working [agenda] has already been posted, and includes at least three science software related sessions:
- Software metrics led by James Howison
- Building a community around a software package led by Ethan White
- Software Citation led by Matt Mayernik and Nic Weber
Sci Software Updates
- The NIH held a 2 day workshop this week on "Discovering, Citing, Tracking Biomedical Software" - although the focus was on biomed, lots of the discussions were relevant to ESIP community. [Day 1 Video] & [Day 2 Video].1/4 of the way through Day 2 video is 20 minute presentation by Phil Bourne, newly appointed head of "Big Data" at NIH, that is worth watching.
- Notable papers posted to ArXiv [Change Management and Version Control of Scientific Applications] is a small survey about version control.