From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 12:08, December 1, 2016 by Erinrobinson (Created page with "V.5.1 The ESIP Federation shall include a Standing Committee for Semantic Technologies. Its roles are: # To encourage and promote research and development of semantic technol...")
V.5.1 The ESIP Federation shall include a Standing Committee for Semantic Technologies. Its roles are:
- To encourage and promote research and development of semantic technologies in support of Earth science data management, data discovery, data dissemination and data analysis
- To collaborate with ESIP members, working groups, clusters, and standing committees to identify semantic methods and tools that support the adoption of semantic technologies within ESIP and across its member organizations.
- To foster sharing and reuse of ontologies and controlled vocabularies within ESIP and its member organizations.
- To provide a collaborative environment for the development of ontology-based standards and controlled vocabularies.
- To maintain a long-term agenda and roadmap for integration and evaluation of semantic projects within ESIP.
- To collaborate with external groups and agencies, including international organizations, on behalf of ESIP in regards to semantic technologies and furthering the aforementioned roles.