Interagency Data Stewardship/LifeCycle/Preservation Forum/TeleconNotes/2011-09-14
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
< Interagency Data Stewardship/LifeCycle/Preservation Forum | TeleconNotes
Revision as of 11:57, October 12, 2011 by Roglesby
- 1 ESIP Preservation and Stewardship Cluster Monthly Telecon 2011-09-14
- 2 Preservation examples for Winter Meeting - Brent/Erin
- 3 Developing data management training modules - Ruth
- 4 Citations (Draft Data Citation Guidelines) - Mark/Curt
- 5 Provenance and Context Content Standard - Curt
- 6 Use Cases - Curt
- 7 Preservation Ontology - Not ready to move forward
- 8 AOB - Curt
- 9 Link to Brent's notes
ESIP Preservation and Stewardship Cluster Monthly Telecon 2011-09-14
Access Code 231 383 72
3:00pm ET / 1:00pm MT
Preservation examples for Winter Meeting - Brent/Erin
- Session run by students integrating different clusters and how they overlap/commonalities.
- Climate change cluster decided upon and two areas looking at more public issues with IPPC (glaciers over Himalayas) and another session engaging the public in climate change data records (how to get the public engaged from a participant level to how they can use it for research).
- Lunch talk and two breakout sessions wrapping up with poster session.
- Group discussion on future ideas
- Module deadline for AGU completed ~mid October
- ½ day workshop at AGU and 1/2 at AMS
Citations (Draft Data Citation Guidelines) - Mark/Curt
- Natl Academy of Science (specifically The Board on Research Data and Information) hosted a symposium in Berkeley, CA with a variety of speakers and breakouts. End result will be a report coming out next Spring summarizing the state of data citations and how to move forward. Mark gave a brief talk including micro-citations.
Two projects that may come out of this are:
- harmonizing data one and ESIP citation approach and
- developing an EAGER proposal.
- Geo adopted ESIP guidelines
- Identifiers paper (part two) – Tackling identifiers
- Continue commenting on wiki
Use Cases - Curt
- Look at use cases and try to get them documented and online
- Need identifiers
- FOAF (friend-of-a-friend) ontology
Preservation Ontology - Not ready to move forward
AOB - Curt
- Curt took action for question of scientific equivalence and identifiers