DOI Landing Pages
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Information about DOI Landing pages
- From Global Hydrology Resource Center (GHRC)
For our DOIs, GHRC is using a basic dataset information page generated from our collection level metadata. It includes a brief description and links to data, browse and documentation.
We have these pages for all of our datasets, though we've only got a few with DOIs, so far. Here's an example: http://ghrc.nsstc.nasa.gov/hydro/details.pl?ds=rssmif17d
- From Oak Ridge National Laboratory Distributed Active Archive Center (ORNL DAAC):
Each of our data sets have a DOI, the characteristics of which are:
- Registered with The DOI System http://dx.doi.org/ through DataCite
- Links to the data set, itself
- Links to data and the information needed to understand and use the data
- not yet, but we'd like to
- From National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC)
From that landing page you can click on "view metadata record" which leads you to a variety of different metadata formats including ISO in html and XML. Here is the ISO XML link for the data set above: http://nsidc.org/cgi-bin/get_metadata.pl?id=NSIDC-0176&format=ISO&style=XML
We don't have good provenance info in the ISO, unfortunately.
Our DOIs point to the human readable landing page. It would be nice if the identifier knew what was asking, so it could point machines to the XML. I think that is part of the intent with "inflections" in ARKs.
- From Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC): Landing page without DOI