Air Quality/Chemistry Naming Conventions
The NetCDF Climate and Forecast (CF) Metadata Convention are designed to promote the processing and sharing of files created with the netCDF API. The CF conventions define metadata that provide a definitive description of what the data in each variable represents, and of their spatial and temporal properties. This enables users of data from different sources to decide which quantities are comparable, and facilitates building applications with powerful extraction, regridding, and display capabilities.
This wiki is an ad hoc virtual workgroup effort in order to construct new CF standard_names for air chemistry and aerosols, which will then be submitted to the [CF mailing list] for approval. The wiki is coordinated by ChristianeTextor and involves many other people.
New standard_names are defined through a step-wise procedure on several article-pages.
How the wiki works
- Every article page has an associated discussion/talk page. Links to are provided above.
- On top of each page a menu allows to move between article and discussion. In addition, the wiki keeps track and allows recalling all previous versions through the history-tab.
- The discussion-page associated with an article is titled Talk:<article name>.
- To move between the pages, use the top-menu or the links on the pages. DO NOT USE THE MENU BAR ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE.
- Each article and discussion can be edited by any participant. Click to learn how to edit the wiki!