Water Information Domain Community Discussion
The water information domain landscape is evolving: How do we organize the community to help create interoperable ways of accessing and disseminating data - designed to provide information for decision-making - built as a system-of-systems designed to integrate data and observations from numerous government and non-government sources?
At the ESIP Summer 2009 Meeting USEPA will lead a session that:
- Reviews important developments, including
- -New access tools and activities including new sensor and model integration approaches
- -Legislative and executive Agency developments
- -Informatics approaches (e.g., standards “grid”; ontology software, semantic web, integration applications etc)
- -Water data availability
- Review areas of active collaboration
- How do we coordinate and build community?
- Inform GEOSS discussion related to water and climate change?
- Further meetings and consultations
- Wiki deployment
- Plan a water data summit?
- Continue discussions through-out day (July 9th)
Bill Sonntag, EPA (firstname.lastname@example.org)