From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Welcome to Federation of Earth Science Information Partners! We hope you will contribute much and well. You will probably want to read the help pages. Again, welcome and have fun! Erinmr 06:19, 19 September 2011 (MDT)
ESC User Stories -- Brianwee 13:16, 29 December 2011 (MST)
What do we do?
- Develop user stories so for:
- ...you to illustrate the concept of the ESC to your constituents.
- ...as input to other tracks (Technology, Sociological Impacts, Programmatic constraints)
- Create an open repository for user
- ...minimally PPTs (already have three from ESIP July 2011: The "Novice" Researcher (Lynnes); The Expert Researcher (Kuo); Science Assessment (Wee)
- ...possibly indexed by some canonical representation of discipline, audience type, <others> (see below)
- ...possibly indexed by EarthCube capabilities (see below)
- Develop canonical representation for index to enable
- ...identification of missing user story types
- ...identification of opportunities that have been missed (e.g. if somebody realizes a powerful user story that can be enabled by some combination of the index)
- Develop mapping of user stories to NSF EarthCube capabilities list? (http://earthcube.ning.com/page/capabilities, dated 2012-12-16), but first:
- ...are the 14 capabilities useful for this purpose? (some are more obviously useful than others)
- ...is the capability mapping useful in forming requirements in the Technology track?
- Questions to start on:
- Which is more useful for the development of user requirements in the Technology track? Index or capabilities?
- If we proceed with developing some form of an index, ideas for dimensions of this index (e.g. audience type, discipline, etc) and identify small group of persons to create values for each dimension?
- Similarly, if the capabilities mapping activity is useful, small group of persons IDed to take charge of it?
- Proposed activity: strawman to for shooting arrows at... present existing 3 use cases against the (A) index and (B) capabilities to generate ideas about how to iterate this forward (BW to come ready with a slide or two)
How do we do it?
- Use input from other tracks (Technology, Sociological Impacts, Programmatic constraints).
- ID small groups of three persons to create short two page deliverables as input to other tracks (schedule and actual deliverables to be determined)