Use Case 03: Manage Portal
Use Case EIE03: Manage Portal
Earth Information Exchange
Version 1.0 draft
Prepared by John Kozimor
Nov. 11, 2006
Reason For Changes
- 1 1.Use Case Identification
- 2 2.Use Case Definition
- 2.1 2.1.Actors
- 2.2 2.2.Preconditions
- 2.3 2.3.Post Conditions
- 2.4 2.4.Normal Flow
- 2.5 2.5.Alternative Flows
- 2.6 2.6.Exceptions
- 2.7 2.7.Extension Points
- 2.8 2.8.Priority
- 2.9 2.9.Frequency of Use
- 2.10 2.10.Business Rules
- 2.11 2.11.Special Requirements
- 2.12 2.12.Assumptions
- 2.13 2.13.Notes
- 2.14 2.14.Issues
1.Use Case Identification
1.1.Use Case Number
1.2.Use Case Name
2.Use Case Definition
This use case describes the actors and functions involved with managing the EIE community within GOS.
- 1.ESRI Operator
- 2.GOS Administrator
- 3.EIE Administrator
- 1.ESRI Operator must have access to all system components.
- 2.ESRI Operator must have the experience and skills required to administer portal system.
- 3.GOS Administrator must have thorough knowledge of GOS operations/procedures, and the access privileges required to manage GOS users and QC GOS content.
- 4.EIE Administrator must have thorough knowledge of community operations/procedures, and the access privileges required to manage and support community users.
- 1.The GOS portal functions properly
- 2.Portal users are managed efficiently
- 3.EIE community is well supported
- 1.EIE Administrator works with GOS Administrator to set up user accounts for EIE Community Members.
- 2.EIE Administrator grants community member access privileges as readers, authors, or managers.
- 3.EIE Administrator provides direct support to community members and provides a conduit to the GOS Administrator.
- 4.The GOS Administrator supports the ESIP Administrator and provides a conduit to the ESRI Operator
- 5.The ESRI Operator administers GOS and works directly with GOS Administrator.
- 1. EIE Community Collaboration Tools
- 2. Manage Working Group (Stewards)
- 3. Manage Providers
2.9.Frequency of Use
The Manage Portal Use Case is written from the perspective of EIE management responsibilities.