Use Case 03: Manage Portal
Use Case EIE03: Manage Portal
Earth Information Exchange
Version 1.0 draft
Prepared by John Kozimor
Nov. 11, 2006
Reason For Changes
1.Use Case Identification
1.1.Use Case Number
1.2.Use Case Name
2.Use Case Definition
This use case describes the actors and functions involved with managing the EIE community within GOS.
- 1.ESRI Operator
- 2.GOS Administrator
- 3.EIE Administrator
- 1.ESRI Operator must have access to all system components.
- 2.ESRI Operator must have the experience and skills required to administer portal system.
- 3.GOS Administrator must have thorough knowledge of GOS operations/procedures, and the access privileges required to manage GOS users and QC GOS content.
- 4.EIE Administrator must have thorough knowledge of community operations/procedures, and the access privileges required to manage and support community users.
- 1.The GOS portal functions properly
- 2.Portal users are managed efficiently
- 3.EIE community is well supported
- 1.EIE Administrator works with GOS Administrator to set up user accounts for EIE Community Members.
- 2.EIE Administrator grants community member access privileges as readers, authors, or managers.
- 3.EIE Administrator provides direct support to community members and provides a conduit to the GOS Administrator.
- 4.The GOS Administrator supports the ESIP Administrator and provides a conduit to the ESRI Operator
- 5.The ESRI Operator administers GOS and works directly with GOS Administrator.
- 1. EIE Community Collaboration Tools
- 2. Manage Working Group (Stewards)
- 3. Manage Providers
2.9.Frequency of Use
The Manage Portal Use Case is written from the perspective of EIE management responsibilities.