From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
Meeting Agenda - Usability Cluster - 2018-05-02 1PM EDT
- Review of Connor's content for the "Usability Test Script"
- Presentation on "Measuring User Experience" Postponed until later
- Discussion of the Framework's "Post-Test Reflection" section
- Review of Connor’s content for the “Usability Test Script”
- Pre-test Survey developed in Google Forms:
- How will you use this information after the test?
- Team provided suggestions for improvement of questions
- Consider reducing the number of questions ask to avoid question fatigue
- Think about questions you are trying to answer and what you need to ask to get answers to those questions.
- Mock analysis: Go through questions yourself and answer, then look at results and ask yourself “what does this mean that someone responded in this way?” What will you do with the responses?
- Usability Test Itself
- Test usually take longer than you would expect. Users need time to explore the application
- Question from Bob: Will users come with their own data or will you give them data?
- Data will be streaming data already loaded into database
- Bob: good to provide explanation of the data that people will be expected to use for the test
- Connor: need to do pilot testing to make sure I give them enough information
- Bob: Assume they know nothing
- We want to make sure that both the scenarios and task will lead to the answers that you are trying to find.