From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- When: Wed. July 18, 4:00 - 5:30
- Where: Pyle Center 227
- Skill Level: Beginner to Advanced
- Tools that work with Data -- Why So Difficult?
- The ToolMatch Crowdsourcing Solution
- How to author ToolMatch contributions
- We will connect the conference computer to a TitanPad Session and display onscreen and WebEx
- Audience will also connect to the same TitanPad
- Contributors will author Turtle on the TitanPad
- Moderators will tweak Turtle if necessary
- Chris Lynnes will then load it into Dydra database
- At regular intervals, we will run queries against Dydra database
- Turtle Validator: http://www.rdfabout.com/demo/validator/
- Titanpad (Eric's group): http://twc.titanpad.com/392
Don't Have Any Knowledge About Tools and Data?
Want to try some out, do some real-time knowledge generation?
Here's what to do:
- Get a USB drive from Chris Lynnes with the Panoply tool on it.
- Start trying some online data in Panoply. Does it work or doesn't it?
- Here are some places to start:
- Use the Open Remote Catalog part of Panoply for a directory or THREDDS catalog. Does it make a map?
- Now try to find the data in GCMD, so we can assign an identifier