The ESIP Camp BARcamp
The BARcamp idea is one model of how the summer ESIP meetings can be transformed into energetic summer gatherings where people bring their interests and their talents to the table!
All ESIP members who come to ESIPCamp will be expected to actively participate (NO SPECTATORS)... by running or helping out with one or more presentations.
ALL presentations will be recorded on the ESIPCamp Wiki.
Check out the BARcamp website [BARcamp]!
ALSO, check out the "HOW to do a BARcamp" site: [HOW to Organize a BARcamp]
The Rules of Bar Camp.[edit | edit source]
- 1st Rule: You do talk about Bar Camp.
- 2nd Rule: You do blog about Bar Camp.
- 3rd Rule: If you want to present, you must write your topic and name in a presentation slot.
- 4th Rule: Only three word intros.
- 5th Rule: As many presentations at a time as facilities allow for.
- 6th Rule: No pre-scheduled presentations, no tourists.
- 7th Rule: Presentations will go on as long as they have to or until they run into another presentation slot.
- 8th Rule: If this is your first time at BarCamp, you HAVE to present. (Ok, you don't really HAVE to, but try to find someone to present with, or at least ask questions and be an interactive participant.)