The Convention Making Process
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
- We use the ESIP Federated Search cluster wiki as the working area for working on and accumulating "pieces" of the convention.
- We start a page on that wiki that will eventually become the document for the convention, and send out a pointer to the mail list. Any and all participants will be authorized to update the page.
- We should also have at least two implementations on both the client and server side, which will also be referenced in the wiki.
- When we have a stable convention and 2x2 implementations, we call that 1.0*.
- At that point, we submit an RFC to the ESDSWG Standards Process Group.
- Should we also submit something to ESIP ITIC? Or some other ESIP body?
- Comments and suggestions for changes from steps (5) and (6) would go into version 1.1.
- After at least Version 1.0, we may consider submitting extensions to www.opensearch.org as well.