A progress test, discussion, report and collaboration about what is needed to support a cloud computing testbed for producing lessons learned and best practice for ESIP members to assess, test, and adopt cloud platforms for their research, development, and education:
- discuss the matrix of requirements for cloud computing by ESIP members,
- identify the possibility of cloud resources (Amazon, Microsoft, Nebula, Private Cloud),
- identify potential applications to be running on potential cloud resources,
- a execution plan for the testbed with a target of presenting in the summer meeting.
- How to run cloud computing services.
- How to migrate Earth science applications onto cloud environment and how to best leverage the cloud.
- Help us mature the open source foundation.
- Develop a community agreed matrix for testing cloud.