Telecon 11.07.13 materials
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Discussed with Anne J on Friday, awaiting another draft
- Hope to get back to Barb at EOS by tomorrow
Workshop Funding Proposal
- Show budget
- Goal: get it to Ficomm by tomorrow, does group approve?
- Anne needs help finding forms to submit
- Spreadsheet of invitees: http://tinyurl.com/kpcqres
- Jen Schupf said yes, Michael Tiemann, Todd Vision said no
- Andrew Turner, Billy Williams?
- Plenary session
- Breakout session for Feds
- Group working session?
Web presence, input?
- We agreed to submit the funding proposal as drafted, Anne to coordinate with Carol regarding actual submission
- Microsoft participation in workshop: coordinate w/ Carol. We've not heard from Mike Nelson. (Mike was a BRDI Board member at one time and comes to their events.) But, new development: ESIP has received a membership request from Microsoft Research, so perhaps there is some there to invite. Anne to coordinate with Carol about this.
- We are waiting to hear from Billy Williams, his deadline is next Wed., 11/13. Bill and a Microsoft person would make 18 total.
- If we have a space open, Anne is interested in inviting Jim J from Apache and Red Hat
- Panel discussion - Carol has been working on the invitee list and the invitation
- Breakout session for Feds: I guess we need and invitation and invitee list?
- ESIP meeting sessions: Anne to request 2 sessions, one for breakout for Feds and one for the working group to meet
- Carol and Erin to handle plenary
- Would like to schedule the breakout for the Feds on the same day as the plenary, after the plenary, so parties could attend either
- Web page for community outreach, input
- Post on esipfed.org, include link to Data Study wiki
- Use Google form to gather input
- We need questions, content. But, we'll wait until we've drafted the various invitations, as the content we seek is likely mostly contained in those invitations