Sustainable Data Management/20180914 telcon notes
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
To connect[edit | edit source]
- Join from computer, tablet or smartphone at: https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/618011013
- Dial in using your phone: :United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
- Access Code: 618-011-013
Agenda[edit | edit source]
- ROI Paper
Attending[edit | edit source]
cyndy, phil, bob, shelley, margaret
Regrets[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- ROI Paper
summarizing gtm chat:
- since first version was an essay, the background and disc are mixed. need to be split out into what is background (citable) and what is our work (results)
- dataset will need revision (no problem)
- Margaret/Corinna action item
- note: CP thinks there might be a bit missing, see yellow highlight on costs-summary.
- results table is now is two tables,
- summary responses for metrics for measuring cost,
- summary - measuring value added
- potential discussion points: some metrics fall easily into one level-of-implementation box. some do not. Ones that dont are for a variety of reasons.
- some of our metrics are indicators that are not inherently in $$. some are just impact metrics. may need to make the point that we started from a financial ROI. need to find the right language for that.
- action item: revisit beagrie - they went beyond fiancial benefits. see what language they used.
- title: might want a different title.
- CP already using this for all of USDA
- from shelley: The recommended metrics and measurements that inform the community on performance and value of scientific repositories
- Shelley, fresh from CDF. Danie will introduce them to the FAIR inventory that ___ and Michael Witt put together. also core trust seal (ref Rebecca K).
- RK will walk core seal folk thru, in a series of recorded webinars. before Feb, but no deadlines for core seal-ites
- another reference
- Phil - methods, intro (will do soonish)
- Bob - has time in the next few weeks - mostly discussion/intro,
- Margaret/Cyndy/Corinna - October
- Next call: October 12