P&S Telecon - May 19, 2015
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Review questions on just-released June "Incubation" RFP
- Reviewed posted Testbed RFP
- Reviewed changes to ESIP Testbed wiki page, highlighting Annie's "Crash Course" FAQ
- Noted updates to "Past Testbed Tasks" page: all projects moved to table format, request for group to review for missing information on older projects
Testbed Vision Topics
Working on next fast-track proposal set for "prototype assessments"
Prototype RFP - similar format to the incubation
- Post this RFP by mid-June, next P&S call can be similar to this one, where first half is Q&A
- Annie do the first cut, P&S can help with review, input; AIST projects also providing input/review
How does "Hacker Space" at Summer Meeting play into this RFP?
- Messaging: "RFP madness! What is going on in the Testbed?"
- Diagram, blog post, etc. that explains how this all connects
As we work on this RFP, also think about these general topics:
- Governance of the Testbed
- Staff roles - what needs to be supported?
- How do we publicize, clarify the Fast-track projects?
- Business regarding Testbed - infrastructure, etc.?
Summer Meeting session and hackathon
Independent Tech Evaluation session
Hacker's Space - free form
- Room for breakouts, designated for these connections/conversations
- Able to reserve a table in the room for "project x" - assessment criteria, other topics, prototype, etc.
- Overflow room too, if they want to keep working…?
- 3rd way to do assessment - needs to be done in person
- Additional FUNding Friday award for something worked on in the Hacker's space at the meeting
- Messaging in advance on Hacker's Space resources
Next P&S call: Tuesday, June 16th, 11 Pacific
- Can be similar to this one, where first half is Q&A on prototype solicitation
- Q&A on Hacker's Space (?)