P&S Monthly June 15, 2011
Back to: Products and Services
Minutes June 15, 2011 Products and Services Telecon
Participants: Yuechen Chi (GMU), Kai Liu (GMU), Phil Yang (GMU), Hook Hua (JPL), Steve Olenbach (NEON), Ken Keiser (UAH)
- P&S Testbed proposal - Submitted - what's next?
- Plans for ESIP session for P&S Testbed activities.
- Poster registrations
- FUNDing Friday
- Mentioned that the 2011 Testbed proposal was submitted to the Finance Committee, so next steps will depend on funding approval
- The final proposal is available on the Testbed Wiki site
- ESIP Summer Meeting Plans
- Mentioned that today (June 15) is the last day to submit a poster abstract
- There will be a FUNDing Friday activity where short presentations are given to possibly receive $5K funding to implement ideas
- Semi annual reports from funded ESIP groups are due at the end of June so Ken will send around requests for input in the next week or so
- The P&S breakout is on Thursday, July 14, from 8:30-10:00 am. We need to line up topics and presentations - suggested
- Introduction and Testbed Concept
- Current Testbed Activities
- Expert Skills Database
- Unique Data Identifiers
- Semantic Registration of data and services
- Application-specific portals
- Future (proposed tasks)
- Plans for new portal environment
- Federated Discovery task
- Interoperability - metadata authoring
- Data Stewardship
- Open discussion on new topics and ideas
- Ken will send around the list of topics with suggested presenters for short presentations (10 minutes or less) - link to Summer 2011 meeting session agenda
- Brief discussion on possible support for virtual environments on the new Testbed portal - hopefully this can be continued in more detail at the summer meeting.
Short, but useful meeting - thanks to those who participated.