NASA GSFC DISC Web Coverage Service for OMI NO2
- 1 Use Case AQ.SatelliteData.1.b
- 2 Purpose
- 3 Revision Information
- 4 Use Case Identification
- 5 Use Case Definition
- 6 Diagrams
- 7 Non-Functional Requirements (optional)
- 8 Selected Approach
- 9 References (optional)
Use Case AQ.SatelliteData.1.b
Access to satellite data using queries over a continuous space-time-parameter domain.
Washington University and Northrop Grumman IT - TASC
created: February 26, 2007
Modified by <Modifier Name/Affil>, <Date/time>, <Brief Description>
Use Case Identification
Use Case Designation
Use Case Name
Short name: GSFC DISC WCS
Long name: Air quality user-access to OMI NO2 data using a WCS
Use Case Definition
The purpose of this use case is to expose data stored in the NASA GSFC DISC via OGC services to increase the discovery, access, and use of these data holdings by air quality scientists, researchers, managers, and those in NASA’s partner organizations.
Air quality analysts interested in using satellite data for assessing air pollution, comparing satellite and surface data, "ground-truthing" model results.
- 1. OMI NO2 data are available through open interfaces
- 2. Data access service specifications, e.g. OGC Web Coverage Service (WCS), can be implemented by data provider or mediator
- 3. "Pre-processing", such as mosaicking and subsetting can be conducted to prepare the OMI NO2 data for WCS access.
- 1. Access of OMI NO2 data in a numeric format (as opposed to image format) covering the spatial area, time range, and parameters that were specified in the query.
Normal Flow (Process Model)
- 1) The user discovers the OMI NO2 WCS
- 2) The user submits a WCS GetCoverage request that includes bounding box, time, and parameter filters
- 3) The GSFC DISC provides the data that meets the query criteria. In the process, the data provider may need to execute swath mosaicking and data subsetting services.
- 1.Operation succeeds and user obtains OMI NO2 data adhering to the requested spatial, temporal, and parameter filters.
Special Functional Requirements
Use Case Diagram
State Diagram (optional)
Activity Diagram (optional)
Other Diagrams (optional)
Non-Functional Requirements (optional)
Other Non-functional Requirements
Overall Technical Approach
- NASA GSFC DISC
- Washington University in St. Louis
- NASA GIO
- OGC Web Coverage Service (WCS)