Moving Forward on the Earth Science Collaboratory-Details
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Programmatic[edit | edit source]
- NSF EarthCube
- How are the ESIP ESC and NSF EarthCube efforts similar and different?
- NASA Computational Modeling and Cyberinfrastructure (CMAC) selections
- Any newly funded collaboratory efforts?
- ESC Roadmap?
- Let's define on some ball-park goals so we (the community) know where ESC is going
- Near-term goals
- Long-term goals
Technical (Hook and Emily)[edit | edit source]
- Take home messages from recent technical activities at NSF EarthCube
- (no dedicated focus on) preservation & stewardship
- Planning for role of brokering in ESC
- Alignment with NSF EarthCube Brokering efforts? see Thursday morning's session on EarthCube - Brokering: A Way Forward for Global Multi-disciplinary Data Sharing
- RAMADDA hackathon
- We are hosting a dedicated session to try out one collaboration framework (RAMADDA).
- Friday morning's session Earth Science Collaboratory Hackathon
- What do we want to get out of the session?
- HubZero update
- Planning to hold webex presentation about HubZero: A Platform for Scientific Collaboration in August.
- Pending interest, we can explore, compare, and assess HubZero for Earth Science needs.
User Stories (Kuo and Wee)[edit | edit source]
Human Factors (Lynnes)[edit | edit source]
- The Ecosystem model of data and information systems: the only way to grow an Earth Cube / Earth Science Collaboratory ?