Interagency Data Stewardship/LifeCycle/Preservation Forum/TeleconNotes/2014-09-12
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Data Stewardship Committee budget request and plans
- Stewardship/Citations/editor reviewer guidelines.
- Sessions for the winter meeting (due 10/10)
- possibility of holding a “citing dynamic data” workshop at the winter ESIP meeting to compare US results to what the folks in the UK found
- Status/plans for papers
- News from RDA
- Linking to Research Data MANTRA course?
- The Research Data MANTRA course is an open, online training course that provides instruction in good practice in research data management. There are eight interactive learning units on key topics such as data management planning, organising and formatting data, using shared data and licensing your own data, as well as four data handling tutorials with open datasets for use in R, SPSS, NVivo and ArcGIS.
- Bibliometrics working group survey
- Message forwarded by Mark:
- The Research Data Alliance/ World Data Service (RDA/WDS) Publishing Data Bibliometrics Working Group is conducting a survey to investigate of the viability of bibliometrics for data. We would like to invite all data producers, users, managers and publishers to complete the survey to tell us how you currently evaluate the impact of data, and how you would wish to do so in the future.
- The survey is one page long and should take no more than five minutes to complete. The survey link ishttps://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RDA_bibliometrics_data
- The results will be disseminated via the Bibliometrics Working Group web page towards the end of 2014.
- If you would like to know more about the survey or the Bibliometrics working group, or if you would like to join the working group, then please email [email protected] or visit the working group web page at https://rd-alliance.org/group/rdawds-publishing-data-bibliometrics-wg.html