From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
Can we go back to an old wiki page version, visible via the history page?[edit source]
Is this an administrator job?[edit source]
No, anyone logged in can revert pages back to a former version
Reverting back to a previous version:[edit source]
- Click on history
- Choose the datetime you wish to revert to by clicking on that hyperlinked date.
- Verify that this is the correct version. Move forward and back with the previous/next buttons to get to the proper place.
- Click the edit tab. In the comment box note that this is a revision and then save (note: there will be a warning about saving an out of date page, go ahead and do this anyway).
Adding content from a previous version (partial revision)[edit source]
There is also a way to splice in sections of older pages (without doing a full reversion).
- Go to the current version of the page you want to change
- Click on the “history” tab.
- Choose the radio buttons next to the current page and the page in history that contains the pieces you want to add back.
- Click on “compare”
- Copy the old text you want.
- Edit the current page and insert the missing text