GEO-VI Activities of Interest to AQ
This page is to highlight events that may be of relevance for the AQ Community during the GEO VI Plenary. Please feel free to add additional information and relevant events.
* = virtual participation available through telecon/webex), see the GEO VI Week at a glance for locations and exact times.
- 1 Meetings and Sessions
- 1.1 Thursday, Nov. 12 - Using Earth Observations for Health - a workshop of the GEO Health and the Environment Community of Practice
- 1.2 Thursday, Nov. 12 - Friday, Nov 13 - GEOSS Interoperability Workshop*
- 1.3 Sunday, Nov. 15 - Monday, Nov 16 - UIC Meeting*
- 1.4 Wednesday, Nov. 18 - AQ and GEOSS Meeting*
- 2 Exhibits
Meetings and Sessions
Thursday, Nov. 12 - Using Earth Observations for Health - a workshop of the GEO Health and the Environment Community of Practice
Thursday, Nov. 12 - Friday, Nov 13 - GEOSS Interoperability Workshop*
Objectives of Workshop (Khalsa)
- Survey interoperability issues confronting GEOSS
- Learn from experiences of other initiatives
- Develop recommendations for GEO tasks, committees and task forces
- Refine SIF Operations Guidelines
- Help SIF Regional Teams become operational
Sunday, Nov. 15 - Monday, Nov 16 - UIC Meeting*
The primary purposes of the 13th UIC meeting are to
- share information regarding the activities within the Communities of Practice
- share information from the Tasks;
- identify ways to engage users from under-represented regions; and
- identify or clarify activities with other Committees.
The primary outcomes from the meeting include plans and/or details regarding how each of the four bullets above will be accomplished.
Wednesday, Nov. 18 - AQ and GEOSS Meeting*
During the meeting we will discuss:
- Air Quality Projects that contribute to GEOSS. A large, diverse group of projects | Tasks in the GEO Work Plan.
- GEOSS Common Infrastructure (GCI) and the Air Quality Community Infrastructure,
- The role and priorities of a GEO Air Quality Community of Practice.
- ESIP Booth
- GEO AIP Booth
- CEOS Demo