Earth Science Data Analytics/2016-2-18 Telecon
ESDA Telecon notes – 2/18/16
Known Attendees:[edit | edit source]
ESIP Host (Annie Burgess), Steve Kempler, Tiffany Mathews, Lindsay Barberie, Jennifer Sleeman, Chung-Lin Shie, Robert Downs, Beth Huffer, Joan Aron, Christine Smit, Bob Chen, Brian Wee, Milt Halem, Liping Di, John Evans, Shea Casperson
Agenda:[edit | edit source]
1. ESIP Cluster 20th telecon; ESDA Review
Notes:[edit | edit source]
Thank you all for attending and participating in our telecon.
To Do List:
1. Finalize ESDA Definition and Goal categories
2. Write letter to ESIP Executive Committee proposing that the ESDA Definitions and Goal categories be ESIP approved
3. Characterize use cases by Goal categories and other analytics driving considerations
4. Derive requirements from #3
5. Further validate requirements with (many) more additional use cases
6. Survey existing data analytics tools/techniques
7. Write our paper describing ... all the above
Questions to think about:
What is the best way to record use cases, and associated requirements, and matching tools? A forum?
Next Telecon:[edit | edit source]
March 17, 2016 ESDA Telecon XXI
1. Tools and Techniques – How can we best organize the plethora of tools and techniques we have uncovered?
2. Open Mic – What else should we be addressing?
Actions:[edit | edit source]
1. Brian and Chung-Lin - Please identify one or two multi-data researchers who would be willing to provide insights into their experiences and needs for accessing and preparing data for co-analysis of heterogeneous data. Let's invite them to our March telecom for an informal discussion. (If we can get 3 to 5 people, we can have a 'panel' Q&A session)
2. Steve, others to be contacted: Complete categorization of all identified ESDA tools/techniques by Data Preparation, Data Reduction, and Data Analysis. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zMczlWZnQUiubyfcLjwDIQ-SGm7Sm5C2Wo9bc75V-qk/edit#gid=0)