ESIP Partnership Strategic Plan 2017
ESIP Collaboration Area Strategic Plan 2017
- Chair: Danie Kinkade
- Website (wiki): http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Partnership
- Monthly Meeting Day/Time: Third Monday each month, 1:00 - 2:00PM EDT
To be a leader in promoting the collection, stewardship and use of Earth science data, information and knowledge that are responsive to societal needs.
2015-2020 Strategic Plan Goals
- Increase the use and value of Earth science data and information.
- Strengthen the ties between observations and user communities (e.g. technologies, research, education and applications).
- Promote techniques to articulate and measure the socioeconomic value and benefit of Earth science data, information, and applications.
- Position ESIP to play a major role in Earth science issues (e.g. addressing effects of climate change mitigation, adaptation and supporting sustainable science data infrastructure).
Partnership Committee Plan
Partnership Committee Objective:
Mission and Vision: The Partnership Committee plays an integral role in helping shape and sustain a vibrant ESIP community. The Committee reviews applications for membership into the ESIP Federation, serves as the Federation's liaison to new members as each seeks to get involved, and addresses ad hoc issues related to membership. The vision of the Partnership Committee is a robust federation of partners that enables ESIP as an organization to achieve its goals and objectives
Specific Committee Objectives as per the ESIP Constitution and By-laws:
- IV.5.1 The Partnership Committee shall receive in writing from each applicant the nature of the organization, its history, products, and services, and their expected benefits and contributions to the ESIP Federation.
- IV.5.2 The Partnership Committee shall consider applications promptly based on their merit and immediately inform the applicant of its decision either to reject the application or to recommend the application to the Assembly.
- IV.5.3 The Partnership Committee shall ensure that the application is circulated to the Assembly at least thirty days prior to the election.
- IV.5.4 If the Partnership Committee recommends approval of an application to join the ESIP Federation, it will also recommend to the Assembly the appropriate ESIP category for each candidate.
- IV.5.5 If the Partnership Committee rejects an application, the Partnership Committee shall notify the applicant of its right to appeal to the Assembly in writing.
Things we may do to fulfill our objectives:
- Support the ESIP Federation's growth strategically, by identifying key potential new members; supporting ESIP staff in outreach and recruitment; monitoring membership activity
- Work with ESIP collaboration areas and leadership to identify gaps in ESIP community make-up and target new members
- Continue inactive membership cleanup
- Continue to augment and refine Partnership resources and materials used in recruitment and welcome of new members
- Draft of a procedural document for partnership application and review
- Support ESIP staff in communications b/t member organizations and external venues
- Identify possible member highlights candidates
- Encourage/solicit contributions to AGU Data Blog ??(Is this something all collaboration areas are doing?)
- Support recognition of ESIP members and their achievements
- Collaborate on collection of ESIP success stories?
- Sponsor ESIP of the Year peer recognition award
Things our collaboration area needs to deliver our objectives?
(e.g. Partnerships, in-kind support, staff support)
- Telecon meetings
- ESIP staff support
- Partnerships with other ESIP collaboration areas/clusters
- i.e., semantics, type reps
- Access to ESIP membership data/stats
How will we know we are on the right track?
NEEDS HELP HERE:
- Metrics: new members, new member engagement and participation
- Qualitative: growth within targeted ESIP community areas
How will others know what we are doing in & out of ESIP?
- Within ESIP:
- Report-outs to ExComm
- Report-outs to Assembly during semiannual meetings
- Other engagement and outreach during semiannual meetings (e.g., posters, sessions, etc.)
- Outside of ESIP:
- Work with ESIP staff here...
Cross-collaboration area connections
(Identify other areas that you consider cross collaboration. Are there things that you need us to provide in support the cross collaboration?)
- Working with Type Reps and the Semantics Cluster to help identify membership gaps and outreach to potential member candidates