From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
What do we do?
- Develop use cases by framing the user stories into workable scenarios to gather requirements from.
- Based on use cases/requirements, define the scope of ESC cyberinfrastructure (taking into consideration/input from other tracks)
- Identify stakeholders.
- Determine key features/requirements based on the use cases.
- Analyze existing cyberinfrastructures (experience, lesson learns, common patterns, etc), following other efforts such as EarthCube, identify their gaps and shortcoming.
- Develop ESC architecture (data, process and technology).
- Identify existing technologies and prior art that meet the capabilities of the ESC.
- How to avoid being "yet another collaboratory"?
- Promote foundational collabortory service interfaces.
- Anything else?
How do we do it?
- Rely on input from other tracks (user stories, sociological impacts, programmatic constraints).
- Include relevant features from Earth Cube/ESC charrettes.
- Leverage ESDS RA and development experience.
- Propose scope, stakeholders, key features and architecture solutions.
- Coordinate with other working groups and clusters on relevant technologies.
- Any suggestions?
What are the technical requirements?
- ESC shall facilitate/manage sharing and access of data with knowledge about data (explicit context and provenance).
- ESC shall facilitate/manage sharing and access of tools and services that support scientific experiments.
- ESC shall facilitate/manage sharing and access of research process (scientific workflow management) and results (data/knowledge/interpretation produced).