ESC Cluster Meeting at ESIP 2011 Summer Meeting
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Science Researcher (prezi) (Kwo-Sen Kuo)
- Science Assessment Panel (Brian Wee)
- Novice Graduate Student (Chris Lynnes)
Key Questions and Ideas
- Is 5-7 year time frame to build ESC too long?
- How do we leverage other efforts in this area?
- NSF Earth Cube
- NASA Earth Exchange
- Virtual observatories
- More user stories would be helpful
- Project collaboration
- Recast novice grad student as an educational story?
- Will scientists share?
- Some sharing is required by funding agencies, but...
- How to incentivize?
- Suggest 4 main thrusts:
- User Stories, both for outreach and guiding architecture and implementation
- Programmatic (how to get the agencies, including NSF, on the same page)
- Sociological: the sociology of sharing and incentivization
- ESC needs to become a more formal cluster, yes, with telecons, to prepare for the Winter meeting.
- Raw Notes