Discovery Telecon 2015-05-12
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
(Redirected from Discovery Telecon 2015-05-11)
- Tuesday, May 12th, 2015. 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
- Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
- Click the “Meeting Center” tab
- Select the Discovery
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23138372
To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Attendee access code: 231 383 72
- Doug Newman
- Chris Lynnes
- Ruth Duerr: Provide a list of candidates for Service Best Practices and Validators. Done. File:Services.xlsx
- Doug Newman: Send session ideas to Erin. Done.
- Continue 'common mechanism for discovering services' discussion
- Status of Summer ESIP presentations.
- We have a draft agenda at https://docs.google.com/a/esipfed.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArDAFB2BsbfRdFpuQnpUVzJNcHM1VmRRY0pITjFSUkE#gid=1
- Global OpenSearch is @ 5pm on Tuesday 14th
- Towards Well Described Web Services is @ 4pm on Thursday 16th.
- The output of the Summer ESIP 'Towards Well Described Web Services' should be
- Concrete plan for moving forward on each candidate
- 1 or 2 service classifications
- Open Search validator could be provided by CWIC group concentrating on
- Base Spec
- Geo and Time extensions
- ESIP Best Practices
- Firm up dialog with ESRI wrt Open Search Best Practices before Summer ESIP - Doug.
- Investigate feasibility of Open Search Validator - Doug.
- Start dialog with UMMS and UMMV folks regarding ESI and Best Practices/Validator for ESI. - Ruth/Doug