Discovery Telecon 2015-01-13
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Tuesday, January 13th, 2014. 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
- Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
- Click the “Meeting Center” tab
- Select the Discovery
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23138372
To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Attendee access code: 231 383 72
- Doug Newman
- Ruth Duerr
- Chris Lynnes
- Yonsook Enloe
- ESIP review
- Improved relevancy implementations in dataset searches is the primary goal of the Discovery Cluster in 2015 see: File:Relevancy Heuristics.ppt
- Facets - useful to the user, a pain to implement through the current OS specification. How can we fix that?
- CEOS OpenSearch Best Practices Draft: http://ceos.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/CEOSOpenSearchBestPracticeDocument-PublicComment.pdf
- ESIP Summer 2015 Discovery Session
- Change from startPage to startIndex
- Topic for year. Two candidates: ‘common mechanism for discovering services' and 'relevancy'. Debate over whether Relevancy should be handled in a different ESIP vehicle.
- Next telecon should discuss the merits and details of ‘common mechanism for discovering services'. Ruth to provide list of invitees for topic.
- Facets - Chris Lynnes to review SRU specification to see if he agrees it is overly complex
- Schema.org progress is stymied by lack of provision for testing of structured data. ‘data part of google’ - beta - URL to be provided by Ruth.