Discovery Telecon 2014-11-11
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
- Tuesday, November 11th, 2014. 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
- Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
- Click the “Meeting Center” tab
- Select the Discovery
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23138372
To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Attendee access code: 231 383 72
- Doug Newman
- Chris Lynnes
- Erin Robinson
- Doug - liase with Erin about planning session - Session for 'Discovery Best Practices' added to agenda. Chris demurred on the 'Relevancy etc' topic as he is pretty busy already.
- Status of Winter 2015 ESIP discovery session - 'Discovery Best Practices' and 'Relevancy etc'
- Latest facet demo in ECHO Test Bed
- CEOS OpenSearch Best Practices Draft: http://www.ceos.org/images/WGISS/OpenSearch/CEOSOpenSearchBestPracticeDocument-draft.pdf
- ESIP Winter 2015 session: 'Discovery Best Practices'
- How do we run it? How do we get new blood?
- Pain points - accuracy, edge cases, too simple. Controlled vocabulary on the back end.
- Build an audience by ESIP discovery list etc. What are your pain points. UTC. WGISS. ESIP mailing
- ISIC - can we expand to ‘what to do with the data’. BEDI - ‘closing the loop’ Bring up at meeting.
- Galvanize client developers
- Compare with CEOS.