Discovery Telecon 2014-03-11
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014. 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
- Doug Newman
- Aleksander Jelenak
- Chris Lynnes
- Nga Quach
- Ruth Duerr
Previous Action Items
- None. NEW BROOM!
- Invite Thomas Cherry, Tyler Stevens and Mike Morahan (UMM) to next meeting (Doug)
- Finalize what is now the ESIP Best Practices document (Doug)
- Investigate Xlink solution for expanding descriptive qualities of atom:link (like the OpenDAP extension) (Doug)
- Prepare proposals for Summer 2014 ESIP meeting sessions wrt discovery (deadline for submissions is April 15th) (All)
- New leadership. Chris Lynnes and Hook Hua have handed over the reigns of the ESIP Discovery Cluster to Ruth Duerr and Doug Newman.
- status of Discovery RPC https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ymt5vsP2jw2YMVnc2B8uEI0BKTHcT4jSNVQzruLIFPA/edit
- Alignment with OGC specifications and CEOS/CWIC Best Practices
* New technologies concept needed (Ruth) * OpenSearch document should become a Best Practices trunk document (Chris) * The ESIP OpenSearch effort should be categorized as test bed for new ideas, OpenDAP etc. Feed into other specs where appropriate. * The following amendments will be made to the document * WKT subset description as per OGC/CWIC Best Practices * User 'via' relation for metadata links * xlink element as child of atom:link to provide extra information about link properties. Like OpenDAP. Investigate the feasibility of this * Discovery mandate: Jump in front with a simple, demonstrable concept and gather entities in. * Invite Thomas Cherry, Tyler, Mike Morahan (UMM) * Semantic Web coordination on schema.org markup. Maintain engagement wrt discovery. * Due date for proposals April 15th, next meeting April 8th. So decide what we will commit to at summer ESIP meeting.