Discovery Telecon 2012-09-11
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012. 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
- WebEx Info:
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
- Attendee access code: 231 407 50
- To start the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting , go to https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1 and select the Discovery Cluster meeting.
- Anne Wilson
- Erin Robinson
- Bob Downs
- Brian Wilson
- Nga Chung
- James Gallagher
- Chris Lynnes
- Hook Hua
Past Action Items
- None from last month's notes... anyone recall any?
Topic #1: DCP's
- Update to DCP on versioning: ready for vote
- DCP on best practices: almost ready for vote
- DCP-8: close to being ready
- Plan to discuss DCP-8 and (hopefully) RFC DCP at the October telecon
Topic #2: SPG RFC (aka DCP 10)
- Schedule for putting together RFC
- Soliciting co-authors…
- RFC will be discussed through DCP process
- Could be used to construct validators
- Should we have schema? schematron?
Topic #3: Winter meeting
- Proposed: a brainstorming session early in week, planning session later in week. All in favor?
- BUT, not too early to start throwing ideas into the brainstorming pile
- Should tie it in with the Visioneers: grand challenges
- E.g., satisfying the long tail
- Discuss in detail at November telecon
Topic #4: New business, anyone?
- Earth Cube Broker Hack-a-thon (Christine)
- Thanks to Discovery Cluster for loaning the Discovery Geoportal for the hack-a-thon
- Hack-a-thon resulted in a number of enhancements - namely usability when registering resources, and how to carve up collections vs. granules (e.g., THREDDS, imagery, Census data)
- Now, Discovery geoportal is available for continuing our investigation - workflows discussed at Summer Meeting
- ATOM 1.0 validation has been implemented via xsd
- Also - Discovery geoportal has out-of-the-box capabilities for creating metadata. Christine discussed with Products & Services Cluster the possibility of finding a home for the application on the ESIP Portal site, so more ESIP members can have access to a metadata creation tool