Cloud Telecons 05/23/2016
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
Telecon Info[edit | edit source]
To start the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
- Go to https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/445841573
- You can also dial in using your phone: United States +1 (571) 317-3112
- Access Code: 445-841-573
May 23, 2016 ESIP cloud computing cluster telecon recap[edit | edit source]
Participants:Annie, Christopher Lynnes, Long Pham, Hook Hua, Phil Yang, Fei Hu, + 2 callers
Three proposed sessions for ESIP summer meeting 2016
- Big Data and Cloud Computing Expert Panel
- Application of Cloud Computing for Geoscience Analytics
- Cloud Computing Hands-On and Hack-a-Thorn Workshop
- demo, invite participants
- What platforms and what kind of virtual machine, packages, or toolkits, such as ipython? A survey need to ask for software; 19 minutes for hack-a-thorn; Amazon resource will be end at the end of this year, but not approved yet.
- Distribution of the audience? ESIP Commons file to ask for attendee. Annie teach us how to advertise the workshop.Assign a level for the audience; a survey table for audience.
- What is the deadline? Content: June 20; one day before the next telecon;
- What is different from the previous testbed?
- The users in the workshop will continue to use it after the summer meeting; evaluation of cloud computing to support different kinds of applications;
- How does the cloud computing look like? how to develop algorithms on the cloud? fundamental questions, such as how to start and shutdown the vms?