Cloud Telecons 04/25/2016
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
To start the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
- Go to https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/445841573
- You can also dial in using your phone: United States +1 (571) 317-3112
- Access Code: 445-841-573
April 25, 2016 ESIP cloud computing cluster telecon recap
Participants:Cain Shelby, Christopher Lynnes, Stephan Klene, Teresa Kauffman, Thomas Huang, Phil Yang, Long Pham For Elliot Rogers, Nga T Quach
- Presentation: AIST Cloud - Shellby, Dan (SGT)
- Current state:
- difficult transition from non-NASA to NASA operations
- lack of standardization
- hardware expensive but less dynamic
- Purpose: accelerate project research; supports end-user implementation;
- PI: create user; privilege management, such as activate and deactivate users; create instances;
- Choose images
- Budget Billing functions: six hours;
- Storage Operations: S3, glacier,
- use case:
- PI to use and manage computing resource.
- API access for AIST cloud
- How could the PI of AIST engage the AIST cloud?
- Design An application form: how many people, project agreement, security training, and PI to create user account
- How many projects are on the AIST cloud?
- Four projects are set up on the AIST cloud.
- Any comments or feedback, can email to Shelby.
- Summer session:
- recommend speakers to present at the application of cloud computing session; sends emails to Thomas
- For workshop: request resource from Amazon for workshop; or private cloud; AIST cloud;
- How people set up the workshop? Another call is needed before the summer meeting; ten - fifteen for hands on workshop; resource management and enough people to help;
- Expert panel: list the experts and questions.