Agclimate telecon 2013-11-05
Back to Ag & Climate Workspace
- Invited presentation (Brian Wee, NEON): Overview of NEON and relationship to LTAR
- Session proposal for ESIP Jan. 2014 meeting
- Speakers to be invited (?) - Mark Walbridge (LTAR), Simon Liu (NAL)
- Goal(s) of session?
- Cluster mission statement - Group revise existing draft
- What do we want to accomplish for 2014?
Participants: Annette, Arif, Erin, Nancy, Bill
1. We had some technical difficulties with Webex, and Brian had a concurrent meeting and couldn't stay around too long. I've confirmed with Brian, and we'll reschedule his presentation on NEON and LTAR for our December online meeting (Dec. 3, 2014).
2. Session proposal for ESIP Jan. 2014 meeting
- Action: Bill to submit a session proposal
- Speakers to be invited: Mark Walbridge (LTAR), Simon Liu (NAL)
- Erin suggested Brad Doorn (NASA HQ, Applied Sciences Program-Water Resources and Agriculture)
- Action: Bill to contact Brad
- Goals of Jan. 2014 session
- Drill down to more details on possible collaborations w/ LTAR
- Nancy suggested: (1) Differentiate between energy/climate and ag/climate Clusters and (2) conduct "gap analysis" (e.g., needs of LTAR) that ESIP can fill
- Nancy also suggested, for 2014: Expand Cluster's foci to state orgs; Library of Congress; USDA/CCPO, others.
3. Group revised Cluster mission statement existing draft (11/05/13).
4. For 2014 Cluster strategic plan
- Gap analysis (needs of LTAR) that ESIP can fill
- Inventory of relevant ESIP capabilities
- Mapping of ESIP capabilities to LTAR needs
- Review of external ongoing work on climate effects on agriculture (Nancy: Should be iterative and responsive to discussions with LTAR)
- Expand Cluster's foci to state orgs (Action <Nancy to fill in specific orgs>); Library of Congress; USDA/CCPO, others.