2019 ScienceSoftware Plan
ESIP Collaboration Area Strategic Plan 2019[edit | edit source]
- Co-Chair (s): Jim Bowring
- Website (wiki): http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2017-2018_Speaker_Series
- Monthly Meeting Day/Time: On hold, normally 3rd Wednesday of month, noon eastern time.
ESIP Vision[edit | edit source]
To be a leader in promoting the collection, stewardship and use of Earth science data, information and knowledge that are responsive to societal needs.
2015-2020 Strategic Plan Goals[edit | edit source]
- Increase the use and value of Earth science data and information.
- Strengthen the ties between observations and user communities (e.g. technologies, research, education and applications).
- Promote techniques to articulate and measure the socioeconomic value and benefit of Earth science data, information, and applications.
- Position ESIP to play a major role in Earth science issues (e.g. addressing effects of climate change mitigation, adaptation and supporting sustainable science data infrastructure).
Collaboration Area Plan[edit | edit source]
Collaboration Area Objective:[edit | edit source]
Explore case studies of Science Software development with the goal of understanding sustainability for science software products.
Things we may do to fulfill our objectives:[edit | edit source]
In 2017 - 2018 we hosted a speaker each month as a way to document the state of the art and inspire / inform discussions.
Things our collaboration area needs to deliver our objectives?[edit | edit source]
Partnerships, in-kind support, staff support all sound good. We have had a hard time finding a deep pool of speakers.
How will we know we are on the right track?[edit | edit source]
When speakers are more easily found and we have 10 or more folks on each call with another 10 or more watching posted videos.
How will others know what we are doing in & out of ESIP?[edit | edit source]
The only ways I am aware of are the weekly newsletter and personal connections.
Cross-collaboration area connections[edit | edit source]
(Identify other areas that you consider cross collaboration. Are there things that you need us to provide in support the cross collaboration?) Any group concerned with science software - in fact maybe a merging with one or more of these other groups. This will require ESIP coordination.