From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
<-- Science Software
Agenda for ESIP Science Software Cluster Telecon
15 Feb 2017 at noon eastern (60 min max)
- Volunteer(s) for note-taking? Thanks to Bruce Caron for taking notes.
- History of group
- Archives ? Wiki
- Mission ?
- Ideas for moving forward
- Jim Bowring - College of Charleston, CIRDLES.org
- Bruce Caron, ESIP
- Bob Downs, SEDAC
- Ray Idaszak, RENCI
- Soren Scott, Ronin Institute
Some themes to pursue: sustainability for software and software citation. Elsevier has a new journal: SoftwareX
- Contribute to the ESIP response to the NSF RFI. Link to ESIP NSF RFI response, using Loomio: <https://www.loomio.org/g/L8mBsAEp/nsf-cyberinfrastructure-rfi-esip-response> NOTE there are google docs imbedded in this that you can edit.
- Jessica Hausman from JPL Po.daac wants to do a wiki addition to connect the various software citation efforts (ESIP, RDA, Force11, ESDSWG). Erin will contact.
- Link to output documents from the NSF science software institute conceptual awards: Figshare document: ISEES_A_Strategic_Plan.
Next Meeting: THIRD Wed of each month at NOON ET.