2016 IT&I Plan
ESIP IT&I Committee Strategic Plan 2016
- Co-Chair (s): Ethan Davis, Rich Signell
- Website (wiki): []
- Monthly Meeting Day/Time: 2nd Thursday of the month, 3pm ET
To be a leader in promoting the collection, stewardship and use of Earth science data, information and knowledge that are responsive to societal needs.
2015-2020 Strategic Plan Goals
- Increase the use and value of Earth science data and information.
- Strengthen the ties between observations and user communities (e.g. technologies, research, education and applications).
- Promote techniques to articulate and measure the socioeconomic value and benefit of Earth science data, information, and applications.
- Position ESIP to play a major role in Earth science issues (e.g. addressing effects of climate change mitigation, adaptation and supporting sustainable science data infrastructure).
Collaboration Area Plan
Collaboration Area Objective:
- Provide a forum and resources for interoperability and new technology transfer, developement, and infusion.
- Encourage the use of best IT practices to ensure the quality, usability, and breadth of Earth science data.
- Ensure that data, information, and services can be readily doscovered, exchanged, and integrated through the use of interoperability standards and protocols.
(Taken from ESIP Bylaws section [https://github.com/ESIPFed/Governance/blob/master/Bylaws.md V.3] "Standing Committee for Information Technology and Interoperability.)
Things we may do to fulfill our objectives:
- Coordinate the IT&I focused ( Interoperability_and_Technology/Tech_Dive_Webinar_Series)
- Coordination with all IT&I themed committees and clusters
- Quarterly committee/cluster chair telecon
- Coordinate with committees/clusters on ESIP summer and winter meeting sessions
- Develop a definition of "Data Interoperability" for ESIP
Things our collaboration area needs to deliver our objectives?
(e.g. Partnerships, in-kind support, staff support)
How will we know we are on the right track?
How will others know what we are doing in & out of ESIP?
Cross-collaboration area connections
(Identify other areas that you consider cross collaboration. Are there things that you need us to provide in support the cross collaboration?)