- 1 ESIP Constitution & Bylaws Committee Annual Plan 2016
- 1.1 ESIP Vision
- 1.2 2015-2020 Strategic Plan Goals
- 1.3 Collaboration Area Plan
ESIP Constitution & Bylaws Committee Annual Plan 2016
- Chair: Ken Keiser
- Type Representative Members: Denise Hills, Brian Wee, Liping Di
- Website (wiki): C&B Wiki Page
- Monthly Meeting Day/Time: As needed
To be a leader in promoting the collection, stewardship and use of Earth science data, information and knowledge that are responsive to societal needs.
2015-2020 Strategic Plan Goals
- Increase the use and value of Earth science data and information.
- Strengthen the ties between observations and user communities (e.g. technologies, research, education and applications).
- Promote techniques to articulate and measure the socioeconomic value and benefit of Earth science data, information, and applications.
- Position ESIP to play a major role in Earth science issues (e.g. addressing effects of climate change mitigation, adaptation and supporting sustainable science data infrastructure).
Collaboration Area Plan
Constitution and Bylaws Committee Objective:
The Constitution and Bylaws Committee (C&B) conducts all ESIP elections; provides advice to ESIP on interpretation of the Constitution and Bylaws; is responsible for conducting elections and other voting of the ESIP according to the Constitution and Bylaws; and prepares properly formulated amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws of ESIP at the request of, and advice from the Assembly.
Things we may do to fulfill our objectives:
- Consider request for amendments to the Constitution or Bylaws, to include investigating the need for the change, seeking advice from ExCom and others, and finally making recommendation for votes by the Assembly
- Assists with conducting elections and amendment votes at annual Assembly meetings
- Maintains and updates the Constitution and Bylaws documents as required
Things our collaboration area needs to deliver our objectives?
- Staff support to move key actions forward related to governance and website
- Motivated type representatives interested in helping to maintain ESIP administrative functions
- Collaboration with the ExCom to review and consider amendments and plan votes
How will we know we are on the right track?
- Adequately fulfilling the needs of member groups with C&B amendments and/or changes as needed
- Successfully maintaining the integrity of the C&B documents
How will others know what we are doing in & out of ESIP?
- Monthly updates to ExCom
- Elections and votes at the annual Assembly meetings