2010-01-21: Cisco Collaborative Application Architecture
Describes the infrastructure and service architecture of collaborative work environments (new models of the workspace).
Cisco - Network as a platform vision?
Goals achieved through collaborative techniques:
- Communication (Voice, e-mail, text)
- Publishing/feedback/info exchange - blog, exchange different from publish because it solicits feedback and build network of related information
- building community - normal linked to other goal, focused on shared interest or affiliation
- Managing knowledge - collection, retrieval, management of shared community knowledge - doc management system, wikis
- history and tracking - logging events of interest (normally combined with other goals)
- Joint contribution to work product - collaborative writing, industry standard development
analyze tools in space and time.
- Empowers users - users empowered when they have access to better communication and information and can use them as they see fit.
- collab applications make information available in real-time
- collab community can be defined to support particular set of goals